Monday, July 28, 2008

Guess Who's Home....


After 12 days in the hospital, Blake got to come home this evening!!!! What a huge answer to prayer. He is very happy to be home and we were all so glad to see him and my mom when they pulled up today. We all went out to greet them at the curb. 

Thank you to the Morris family for the wonderful dinner.  It was a feast! We fed our entire family (9 people) on that!!! It was so good and what perfect timing! 

As for what is to come, the craziness isn't over. Blake has to go back to UCLA at 6am Wednesday morning for labs, check-up with the doctors and another plasmapheresis treatment. He will do this every other day for a few days and then taper off from there. He will basically be under close watch for the next 3-4 months.  Blake still has a long haul ahead of him, but we are definitely on the upswing.

We just wanted to thank you so much for all the love and support all of you have given to the family through this entire process. The prayers, cards, visits, meals, comments on the blog etc have been so wonderful. We can't express our gratitude enough. 

Please continue to pray for Blake and my dad as they are still healing. I will continue to post as we are not completely through the woods yet. I also have had some requests for some pictures of Blake's incision. Yikes! So keep checking because there are pictures to come. :O)

8 comments:

Heidi said...

Great, great news Shirley!!!! What a huge relief! Please give my love to everyone!

Jane Anne said...

Yea!! What wonderful news. Keeping Blake and your dad in my prayers (and you and Wyatt).

Judy said...

THANK YOU JESUS! I AM SENDING THIS GOOD NEWS ON TO MY PRAYER WARRIORS AND THEY WILL BE ELATED. WE WILL KEEP THE CHAIN GOING AS THE BLOG IS UPDATED AS TO WHAT IS GOING ON. LOVE YA SO, AUNT JUDY AND UNCLE CLARK

The Nadeau Family said...

YEA!!! What great news! We will continue yo keep you all in our prayers. Love you!

jennifer said...

This is so exciting! My only regret is that I didn't get to visit him in the hospital. But I'm so glad he's home.

kate said...

Great news! So glad to hear things are in an upswing.

-Katie (Noel's friend)

R.A. said...

SWEET! I will definitely keep praying.

Heather said...

What great news! Thank you for the update- I am so thrilled to hear that Blake is home and doing well. I will continue to pray for him and your dad in their healing!